"Son of man, eat this book that I am giving you. Make a full meal of it!" So I ate it. It tasted so good—just like honey." ezekiel 3:3

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Eat Your Peas, Faithfully.


Words by Cheryl Karpen. Art by Sandy Fougner is a lovely little gift type book that I was delighted to receive to review by Thomas Nelson's Blog for Books program, booksneeze. I read this book aloud to my husband last night as he drifted off to sleep, what positive words to hear as you turn in for the evening.

I have several young women in my life that I would love to give this book to as a gift. I will consider buying more of these, and definitely recommend this book for anyone looking for a gift for a friend.The art work is bright, fresh and simple. I would even consider framing a few of the pages because I think they are just that special. The entire book is a very uplifting and happy experience. I love that it is all based on the word of God, not a bunch of new age mumbo jumbo. I was thinking by the title this might be geared toward a younger age set, but the "eat your peas" is something the authors Mom always told her, thus the name of the book. I am glad I chose this book to review and happily recommend it as a book you should read, making it a great gift. I received it free from the publisher, but this in no way affected my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment