"Son of man, eat this book that I am giving you. Make a full meal of it!" So I ate it. It tasted so good—just like honey." ezekiel 3:3

Friday, July 16, 2010

The Bridegrooms By Allison Pittman



I have to be honest, I chose this book as one to read and review strictly because she was a Texas writer, but that ended up being a good choice! The Bridegrooms was a good read, not a thrilling can't put it down thriller, but a nice story that I enjoyed reading in the evenings before drifting off to sleep. A love story with many characters, many layers, no violence, no bad language. Nothing to fear!

The bridegrooms, it seems, are a baseball team that have came to town to play Cleveland's Spiders. They play a part in the story as well as the Allenhouse girls, all four of them, Vada,Hazel,Althea, and Lisette. Each of the girls has their own very distinct personality a la Little Women. It makes for a delightful story. Other key characters are their father, Doc, the families cook, Molly. And their mysterious houseguest, Eli.

Add a few twist and turns, questions about true love and you have a nice story of romance. I can recommend this book, it was provided to me free by WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group in exchange for my book review.

No comments:

Post a Comment