"Son of man, eat this book that I am giving you. Make a full meal of it!" So I ate it. It tasted so good—just like honey." ezekiel 3:3

Friday, July 16, 2010

Hand of Fate by Lis Wiehl

I enjoyed reading The Hand Of Fate, By Lis Wiehl. It was the first of her books I have read so I shall be looking for the first one to go back and read it now. This book is the second in her series of Triple Threat Novels, all published by Thomas Nelson Publishers who made this book available to me for free through a blogging for books program.

I was intrigued to read this book because I enjoy thriller/suspense type stories but this one is from a Christian publisher so I was expecting it to be less likely to be filled with things that I find offensive to my sensibilities. That held true for the most part, although there were a few topics that were addressed that I don't include in my own personal life, I am aware enough to know that as Christians we live in the real world and encounter real people with real problems. Overall this book was a good read and I was pleased because it wasn't filled with offensive talk or language.

The Story line draws you immediately, making the book hard to put down. Jim Fate is an obnoxious and controversial radio talk show host who gets murdered in his own studio. Three beautiful young women, reporter Cassidy Shaw, Federal Prosecutor Allison Pierce and an FBI Special Agent Nicole Hedges come together to try to solve the mystery of what has happened to Fate.

There are numerous twist and turns in this book. One of these young women knows more than the others about Fate. They all want to know how his Co-Host, the lovely Victoria Hanawa is involved, if in any way, as she had much to gain it seems by his death. The ladies also dealt with emotional abuse, prescription drug abuse,rape, illegal immigration, pregnancy, just your normal day in the life of a young crime fighting woman! I felt the story line brought too many issues into the story, as if they were trying to touch the heart of all women with one big wide brush, but not go deep enough on any of them. It wasn't necessary to the plot, nor do I think it will prove helpful in bringing in readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment