"Son of man, eat this book that I am giving you. Make a full meal of it!" So I ate it. It tasted so good—just like honey." ezekiel 3:3

Friday, July 16, 2010

Love on a Dime by Cara Lynn James

Newport, Rhode Island,1899 is where the rich summer. There are opulent mansions, long, lovely yachts and ladies of leisure. It is home to railroad magnates and bank tycoons, dashing young men and women. But the last place you would look to find a lady novelist, particularly a lady who pens cheap dime novels. But that is exactly what Lilly Westbrook does. Lilly writes under the name Fannie Cole, she spends most of the book working to protect her identity from those around her and defend her Secret Identity from misconceived ideas about dime novels.

Lilly's former beau, Jackson Grail, is buying her publishing company and determined to find out the true identity of Fannie Cole. This sets the story line into motion.I enjoyed the story as it progressed. It was light summer reading, what I call an easy read. I appreciated the Biblical references in the book and that the characters were not ridiculed or put down for their beliefs.

I noted that this was the authors first novel, but that it was marketed as "A Ladies of Summerhill Novel" which causes me to think there are some more to follow. I did notice a new character introduced toward the end that was not filled out, so I am assuming she might have her own novel to follow. I will be watching for that.

I am reviewing this book as part of Thomas Nelsons Booksneeze Program. I agree to honestly review this book for no cash exchange on my blog and a trade blog in exchange for a free copy of the book. You can do this too. Click here to check out the program. Click here to purchase a copy of this book for your own reading enjoyment.

No comments:

Post a Comment