"Son of man, eat this book that I am giving you. Make a full meal of it!" So I ate it. It tasted so good—just like honey." ezekiel 3:3

Friday, July 16, 2010

Shades of Morning by Marlo Schalesky

The advanced press all sounded positive so I was excited to begin Shades of Morning by Marlo Schalesky. It wasn't disappointing, the story of Marnie Wittier proved to be a great summer read with just the right amount of twist, turns and back story to keep me interested and wanting to finish the book. I would perhaps even go so far as to term this book a page turner!

There is love and loss, a young child with a disability that steals her heart. Throw in a bit of family conflict and add the elements of God"s love and the struggles of ones heart, it all makes for a fantastic story line! I fell in love with young Emmit, his seeking the sun, or was it the Son? was simply touching and probably something that will stay with me forever.

I recommend this book as an easy read that will leave you with a bit more than you are expecting. It will also make you realize that families are not perfect. That love can triumph. That God is always there. That's pretty good for a novel.

Waterbrookmultomah provided me with a free copy of this book in return for my blogging my review here and on my blog. My opinions are my own. You can purchase this book either on this site or by contacting

No comments:

Post a Comment