"Son of man, eat this book that I am giving you. Make a full meal of it!" So I ate it. It tasted so good—just like honey." ezekiel 3:3

Friday, July 16, 2010

How to Reach Your Full Potential for God by Charles F. Stanley

This book is subtitled Never Settle for Less than His Best. In the beginning this book reminded me of a book I had previously read about living a life filled with purpose, but this book proved to be filled with much deeper Biblical principals and was not nearly as new age, feel good as the purpose filled book. I would highly recommend this book for someone looking to live a life of purpose that God has planned for you.

This book is divided into twelve chapters and is just over two hundred pages and very easy to read and understand. I read the entire book with a pen in hand so I could underline the ideas that I wanted to remember. I think I underlined something on every page. Chapter Two is entitled Don't Settle for Less. Dr. Stanley says "He (God) wants us to embrace the life He has planned for us. This means we must live all our days to the utmost." What a challenging statement.

Having a clean heart, a clean mind, a healthy body are all addressed. He talks about right relationships, keeping a balanced schedule. I particularly enjoyed the section that talked about using the gifts God gives you to serve the body of Christ. It was in depth and insightful.

One of the features of this book that I enjoyed was found at the end of each chapter they included a profile of a person telling how the person is using their God given potential to serve God. These were encouraging,personal, and meaningful glimpses into real life.

Dr. Stanley is Senior Pastor of First Baptist CHurch in Atlanta, Georgia and has written many best selling books. This book was provided free to me from Thomas Nelson Publishers in turn for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment