"Son of man, eat this book that I am giving you. Make a full meal of it!" So I ate it. It tasted so good—just like honey." ezekiel 3:3

Friday, July 16, 2010

The Last Christian by David Gregory

The year is A.D. 2088 and Abby Caldwell is a missionary daughter who has came from the jungle of
Papua New Guinea where she has spent her entire life only to emerge from the jungle and her Christian surroundings to find the world has advanced technologically and Christianity has vanished. Abby gets a curious message from her grandfather that assigns her the mission of reassigning the Christian faith to America.

This is the first Christian SciFi book I have ever read. So the artificial brain, the virtual reality, the entire concept was a bit foreign to me and not at all appealing. The basic premise of Christianity dying out by the mid century did scare me and seem plausible.

One comment that scared me, as a book lover was on page 134, about books. To think that in the future they might be so dependent upon their computers, even kindles and such that old fashioned books might be done away with is downright frightening to me. The characters have a discussion about books, the loss of them, the love of them and it touched me a bit.

I don't want to give it all away, the storyline is good but not overly exciting. I think you will enjoy it It has just enough SciFi thrown in to make it interesting, but not too much to turn me off. I would recommend this book as your first Christian Scifi read. WaterBrook Press provided this book free to me in turn for my providing reviews on my blog and at least one other source. You may purchase this book by clicking here

No comments:

Post a Comment