"Son of man, eat this book that I am giving you. Make a full meal of it!" So I ate it. It tasted so good—just like honey." ezekiel 3:3

Friday, July 16, 2010

the voice of psalms

I read this book and am offering this review in exchange for recieving a free copy of the book. I am saying this up front this time because I would never purchase this book. There is not much about it that appeals to me. It is a retelling of the Psalms as never told before in the bold, new translation and format of The Voice. I am not impressed. I think the Psalms, just as the are happen to be some of the most beautiful poetry ever written. They are a mainstay in my daily worship. There is absolutely no need to replace a jot or a tittle of the Psalms in any effort to improve them as far as I am concerned.

I will, for sake of a book review, give you a few details here however. This is a nice paperback form which is conducive to carry around with you and read anywhere.It is just under 270 pages. Included are four different reading plans, for Lent, Advent, Worship and Seeking Help.

The pages of the book are beautiful, fading from teal to brown, but that might inhibit some people's vision a little.

I am sure there is a niche for this book. It is just not with me. As I said I recieved this book free in return for my review, you can get free books too, from the Thomas Nelson Blogging for Books Program.

No comments:

Post a Comment